Join Greenberg Traurig’s Labor & Employment Practice for a webinar discussion of how to efficiently assess and mitigate risk in the employment space in order to reduce long-term legal spending. Our attorneys will provide a high-level overview of recent federal and state developments that have increased risk exposure.
Wednesday, February 25, 2015
12:00 p.m. — 1:30 p.m. EST
Discussion Topics Include:
- The intersection of the ACA and FLSA
- Misclassification of workers, whether to pay interns, and reducing off-the-clock work
- BYOD policies
- Paid sick leave laws and predictable work schedules
- EEOC priorities: corporate wellness programs, lactation breaks and trends in pregnancy discrimination, LGBT/gender identity issues, and criminal background checks
- Drug and alcohol testing
- Best practices for drafting employee handbooks
1.5 General/Professional Practice hour pending approval in: AZ, CA, CO, FL, GA, IL, NJ, NY, NV, TX & VA. Greenberg Traurig has been certified by the New York State CLE Board as an Accredited Provider of CLE in the State of NY (November 11, 2013 – November 10, 2016). This program is approved for experienced attorneys only.
Approved for 1.50 (HR (General)) recertification credit hours toward PHR, SPHR and GPHR recertification through the HR Certification Institute.